After hours and hours of hard work spent setting up my website and creating my initial blog posts to get For Leather and Lace up and running, I am so grateful to have been nominated for a Liebster Award by Joanna (aka Jojo), creator of fashion, lifestyle, and coffee blog The Cup of Jojo! The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers as a way to connect and support the blogging community and help new bloggers get discovered. I feel so lucky to already have people interested in my content and to be making new friends through my passions. For the official rules of the 2017 Liebster Award, click here.
1. I sing, play guitar & piano, and write music
2. I adore animals – my black lab, fluffy Pomeranian, and alarmingly overweight cat are my favorite people in the whole world (yes, they are people)
3. I can do a freakishly accurate chicken cluck
4. I drink way too much coffee
5. I listen to a wide range of genres – everything from old French music (think Édith Piaf) to jam bands (any DeadHeads out there?) to music from the Romantic Era (Chopin has my heart) to psychedelic & classic rock (Pink Floyd forever and always) to late 90s / early 2000s grunge pop-rock (gimme some No Doubt or The Cranberries) to high energy EDM (Knife Party, anyone?) to hardcore indie (Jesus Christ that's a pretty face...get the reference?) to singer/songwriter folk (José González is bae) to ambient rock (Radiohead = favorite band of all time)
6. Every night I sleep with a stuffed animal that I've had since I was probably 3 years old. I'm a child.
7. I have a couple of tattoos and piercings and want more :)
8. I want a pet bunny SO badly
9. My favorite TV shows are Rick and Morty, Shamless, Californication, Game of Thrones, Bojack Horseman, and Bob's Burgers
10. In 7th grade I had a pink backpack, a pink NorthFace jacket, and a pink polo shirt that I wore way too often. In 8th grade I wore only black, chopped my hair and gave myself emo bangs, and was never seen without thick black raccoon eyeliner. I think I have discovered a healthier balance since then lol.
1. How/why did you start blogging?
Since I was around 13 years old I have loved reading blogs and watching Youtubers and always dreamt of starting my own. I love fashion, beauty, lifestyle, music, aesthetics, and writing and wanted an outlet for those passions and talents. All throughout high school I was too busy and insecure to start a blog and was afraid of failure. I was worried that I wasn't "pretty" or "cool" enough to be a blogger and couldn't be successful. However, about eight months ago after re-evaluating my life dreams, goals, and desires, I decided to leave those fears in the dust behind me and start my first Weebly blog. About a month ago I decided to ditch that platform, switch to SquareSpace, and step up my game. I have never been happier or prouder of myself for stepping outside of my comfort zone and persevering through my fears.
2. Name the top 3 most beautiful places you have ever visited.
The sunset from the rooftop of a construction site by my boyfriend's beach house
A field in the Colorado Rocky Mountains that I camped out in after a long day of backpacking
San Fransisco – I went for a run with my Dad to Coit Tower and the view was incredible!
3. What is the most extreme thing you've ever done?
I went up in a really old airplane by myself with a stunt pilot and he did barrel rolls and flips and other crazy maneuvers. At one point turned the engine off so we were in complete free fall. My boyfriend captured it all on video and it looked like we almost crashed into the ground – he barely pulled up in time! It was LIT.
4. What/who inspires you to travel?
I just love the thrill of visiting new places and learning about different cultures (even if it's just in another state). Meeting new people from foreign places is so renewing and invigorating. I am following so many travel blogs and Instagram accounts that always make me crave adventure!
5. What is your advice to new bloggers?
Lol it's funny answering this because I would consider myself a new blogger. But I guess I would have to say be persistent and don't give up. It can definitely be frustrating that gaining a huge following within a few weeks is close to impossible, but with patience and drive, anything is possible – so don't give up! Persevere through your fear!
6. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
The fact that I was born into a well-off family, all of the loving people I'm fortunate enough to have in my life including my family, my boyfriend, and my friends, a world of technology where we are constantly able to learn from other, create, share ideas, and be inspired, and MUSIC.
7. Which post that you have written is one of your favorites and why?
Since my blog is relatively new, I don't have many posts to choose from, but definitely this one (that I actually just posted. Although it doesn't really adhere to my typical content, I think it is really important and actually has meaning. As much as I hate to say it, most of my posts aren't doing much to better our world besides providing me with an outlet to share my passions and creativity and hopefully inspire others. I feel like this post actually has real value and is my attempt to make the world a better place.
1. What is the one accessory you can't live without?
2. What is your favorite way to wind down after a long day?
3. Where is your safe space?
4. What band/artist are you loving right now?
5. What's your go-to lazy day look?
6. What is your opinion on the Rhianna fur slides trend?
7. Tell us about your most embarrassing memory.
8. How do you overcome writer's block?
9. What is the weirdest item you have in your bedroom?
10. If you were a pizza topping, which would you be?
11. If you could only choose three items to keep, what would they be?
Thank you guys for reading! Make sure to check out the blog who nominated me and the blogs I'm nominating! Love always.